10 December 2007

I don't know you anymore.

Wow.

Between taking up a suburban existence, becoming a father and getting generally all domestic I have not found the 'time' to post. But a-HA! ...didn't I just summary update there? I do have the 'time' to blog but rather when I put it in my expanding list of to-do's, it is pitifully down there at the bottom. Hanging Christmas lights on the house (an action that seems to require much more creativity than I had heretofore expected), fixing a drafty door, vacuuming, cooking, sitting on the couch watching whole seasons of 'The Office' with my increasingly preggo soon-to-be wife (yes, we had some steps out of sequence there), becoming the harried, overwhelmed accountant of a grocery store chain... well, all that seems to eat up a fair chunk of time.

Which is not to say that anything has or will change, just that I'm stealing time from work to type aimlessly.

So, what is on my mind:

* Becoming a good husband and father (pretty important one that).

* Meeting like-minded couples and bribing them to become our friends so we can some day throw fancy dress parties.

* Getting a BA online.

* Organizing the house before the baby comes.

* Becoming a one car house.

* Finding a church in East Pierce County or somehow staying connected to Mars Hill.

* Get a haircut.

* Chop a maple tree down, move the elkhorn to another spot in the yard.

* Make sense of our finances.

* Study up for LEED certification and convince my boss to foot the bill.

* Figuring out how to live & share the Gospel with my new extended family and neighbors.

So yeah, a few things on the ole' cerebral cortex to be sorted out.

2 comments:

Will said...

Oh My Gawd... You MUST email me to catch up! You're in East Pierce now? I know LOTS of churches and we're looking for a new one as well! EMAIL ME EMAIL ME EMAIL ME! And congrats on the pregnancy! That's another hobby of mine - do you have a doc or a midwife? What's your childbirth plan? When's the due date? OMG I am overwhelming you with questions!!!

Unknown said...

That's really me, not my son...